Sunday, February 8, 2009

Filipino comics artists

This topic came about because last summer my girlfriend and I were watching the Olympics, and during the opening ceremony she had mentioned that she thought her country was not being represented in the Olympics.

For those who don't know I'm Mexican and she is Filipino, so after looking online I was able to show her that in fact there were several people representing the Philippines.

Now for fun and educational purpose, I decided to look up Filipino comic artist to show her and I was amazed at who came up on the list.
I was so Amazed that I had to make a blog about it,and here is the list.


Leinil Francis Yu - New Avengers, Secret Invasion, Superman:Birthright.






Philip Tan - Green Lantern, Spawn, New Avengers, Final Crisis:Revelation.






Carlos Pagulatan - planet Hulk, Skaar:Son of Hulk, Agent of Atlas, New Avengers Annual 2.






Whilce Portacio - Spawn, Batman:Confidential.






Francis Manapul - Legion of Superheroes, Witchblade, Iron and the Maiden






Lan Medina - Fables, Punisher:Max






and many more, if you are interested they have a great Wikipedia page about these artist and many artist from different nationalities from Mexico, Spain and many other Countries.






No comments: