Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Comic Suggestions for the female in your life

For those who follow my blog know that I'm a big fanboy and I have said that I can get anyone to truly enjoy comics if I know what they like and they are willing to give it a try .

I have introduced comics to several of my friends and family who have thank me for showing how great comics are.
One of the best things I've done is to introduces my sister and my girlfriend into comics and they both have become big fans of as well.

So I decided since in this month is my anniversary with my girlfriend, I should make a list of all the graphic novels and weekly comics that would be great to introduce to any ladies in your life to see if you can get them interested or to a least to understand the medium.

Runaways - When you were a kid did you ever think that your parents might be evil??
Brian K Vaughan & Adrian Alphona answer that with a wonderful story about a group of kids who after finding out that their parents are super-villains decide to fight back.



Spider-man loves Mary Jane -"you hit the Jackpot"
Sean McKeever & Takeshi Miyazawa takes you back to high school with Mary Jane Watson and her friends deal with teen drama, romance and some action.




Plain Janes + Janes in Love -People Loving Art In Neighborhoods. But can art attacks really save the madness that is high school?
Cecil Castellucci & Jim Rugg bring us 2 great books about a group of outcast who decide to make high school a much better place to be.




Y:The last man - How would you feel if you were the last man on Earth?
Brian K Vaughan & Pia Guerra takes us to a world where in a blink of a eye, Yorick brown and his Capuchin monkey are the only males on earth.




True story swear to god - The meeting at the bus stop that changed the world of two people. This is where it all started.
Tom Beland brings us a auto-biographical account of a once-in-a lifetime chance of meeting your true love and what happens afterward.




Blankets - How does it feels like to sleep next to someone for the first time.
Craig Thompson wrote and drew his memoir telling the story of his childhood in an Evangelical Christian family, his first love, and his early adulthood.




Spiderman:Blue, Daredevil:Yellow - Behind every great Hero, there's an even greater female.
Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale gives us some great stories of what make each of our Heroes be the best, and the one common thread in all stories is that each one is trying to be the best for the special girl in their lives (Gwen Stacy and Karen Page).




And many more titles to chose (Mouse Guard, Bone, Scott Pilgrim, Strangers in Paradise, Fables, Echo, New york Four, Confessions of a blabbermouth, etc)
With this list, anyone can become a fan if they just give it a try.

You can follow my on twitter here.


No comments: