Friday, August 28, 2009

My adventure at the Chicago Comic-Con

This past month was Chicago Comic-con and it was amazing.
When I first heard that some of the major comic companies were not going to be there I was a bit upset, but once you step on the floor ans especially walk over to the artist alley you realized that this was going to be an incredible experience.

I was able to say hello to a lot of the greats in the comic industries and a lot of the up and coming artists without having to wait in long lines or go to panels.

this is my experience;



This is the First and probably the best thing I got at Artist Alley, it is a watercolor sketch from Francis Manapul artist of DC Comics' Adventure Comics.



Took my Queen and Country: The Definitely Edition Vol. 3 to get it signed by the Incredible Mike Norton & Chris Samnee which I did.



First by Mike Norton,



Then by Chris Samnee which actually drew a Tara Chase sketch in the book,
So amazing.



I also ended up buying Chris Samnee's sketchbook which is simply beautiful.



I also took my Scapled. vol 1 hoping to get it autograph by one of my New favorite Writers, Jason Aaron.



Which I Did, thanks Jason.


One of the best thing about the Con was going and just saying Hello to all of my favorite creators in the industry like . . .

Christina Strain (colorist extraordinaire)






Skottie Young (artist on Marvel's Wonderful Wizard of Oz)




Chris Samnee (artist on DC Comics' The Mighty)




And last but not least, all the great deals on all the book I bought were amazing.



The list of book I bought are as follows;

Sin City Vol. 1 & Vol. 7 (to finish my collection)

Northlanders Vol. 2 (vol. 2 of an amazing series of stories dealing with Vikings)

Myspace's Dark Horse Presents Vol. 1

The Losers Vol. 2 & Vol. 3 (finally read the first volume can't wait to read the rest)

Marvel's Eternals (been meaning to buy this for a while)

New Avengers: Illuminati (read the individual issues but wanted the HC)

Spider-man: Death of the Stacys (a classic)

Captain America: the Chosen (an excellent out of continuity Captain America Story)

X-men: Magneto Testament (A never before look at Magneto origin as a Jew in WWII)

Batman: Detective 27 (an elseworld tale about a detective in the 1920's)

The Nobody (Jeff Lemire's magnificent book loosely based on the Invincible Man)

The Clockwork girl

Legion of Monsters (a collection of new and old stories featuring classic Horror characters)


You can follow my on twitter here.




No comments: